Questions about Medicating Your Pet
Questions you should ask your veterinarian when medication is prescribed
- Why has my pet been prescribed this medication and how long do I need to give it?
- How do I give the medication to my pet? Should it be given with food?
- How often should the medication be given and how much should I give each time? If it is a liquid, should I shake it first?
- How do I store the medication?
- What should I do if my pet vomits or spits out the medication?
- If I forget to give the medication, should I give it as soon as I remember or wait until the next scheduled dose? What if I accidently give too much?
- Should I finish giving all of the medication, even if my pet seems to be back to normal?
- Could this medication interact with other medications my pet is taking?
- What reactions should I watch for, and what should I do if I see any side effects?
- When should I bring my pet back for a recheck? Will you be calling me to check on my pet’s progress, or should I call you?
If you have any questions during your pet’s treatment, contact your veterinarian.
High-Quality Veterinary Medical Care Since 2008
Involved Caring For & Educating Our Community
Rave Reviews from Our Clients
Educational Approach to Pet Care
Continuity of Care
Conscientious & Comprehensive Exams