New Client and New Patient Information
Including Referral and Second Opinion Patients
For all new clients, whether you selected us for your pet's primary care, you and your pet were referred to our hospital by your veterinarian, or you are seeking a second opinion for your pet's medical condition, thank you for considering Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital of Manlius for your pet's health care needs.
New clients often get referred or request our services for:
- Our individualized wellness care, preventative medicine, and early disease detection
- For the diagnosis and management of complicated internal medicine cases
- Oral health disease diagnosis and treatment
- Treatment of painful conditions to control suffering and to improve quality of life
- The treatment of chronic skin and ear conditions
- The diagnosis and management of chronic cat diseases
- For advanced senior and geriatric care
Complete medical records (including the results of all physical exams and lab tests, as well as copies of radiographs or x-rays, all immunizations given and all medications dispensed) should be provided before your pet's appointment. This will allow the medical history and results to be reviewed prior to your visit, making more efficient use of your consultation time.
Our goal is to offer the best possible veterinary care for your pet. This sometimes includes a consultation with or a recommendation to visit a specialist for certain advanced surgical procedures, oncology (cancer) treatments, advanced imaging studies such an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), etc. If those services are required, we will provide you will all the necessary information, referral forms, diagnostic results and medical records for your pet. We may also assist with the scheduling of the appointment if necessary.
By partnering with our clients, the combination of your dedicated home care and our high-quality veterinary health care will improve the quantity and quality of your pets' lives.
Read our PRACTICE PHILOSOPHY and explore the SERVICES we offer.
Review this information to make your visits more productive:
- PREPARING FOR YOUR PET'S APPOINTMENT
- Create a list of concerns, questions, etc.
- If available, provide any known medical history of your pet's littermates, parents, etc.
Health care plans are developed for all our patients:
- An individualized health care plan based on your pet's needs
Your pet's health care plan is based on many factors, some of which include:
- Health status of pet based on medical history and a COMPREHENSIVE PHYSICAL EXAM
- Life stage of your pet - DOG LIFE STAGE AND AGE IN HUMAN YEARS and CAT LIFE STAGE AND AGE IN HUMAN YEARS
- Life style of pet and family
- Health status of family members
- Laboratory evaluation
- Pet's littermate and family history (if known)
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OPTIMAL PET WELLNESS
- Additional examinations, laboratory testing and treatments based on individual circumstances
- Microchip identification for pets
Visit our CLIENT AND PATIENT CENTER and explore our RESOURCES for additional information.
In order to maintain our hospital and provide your pet with high quality veterinary care, it is required that every client be prepared to pay for services at the time they are rendered. Our office accepts payment for your visits and any treatments by cash, check, credit cards (VISA®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover®), or CareCredit®. LEARN MORE about our payment policy, financial information and pet insurance.
Once again, we cannot thank you enough for choosing Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital of Manlius for your pet's health care needs.
What Makes Us Stand Out?
High-Quality Veterinary Medical Care Since 2008
Involved Caring For & Educating Our Community
Rave Reviews from Our Clients
Educational Approach to Pet Care
Continuity of Care
Conscientious & Comprehensive Exams