Manlius Veterinary Surgery
Compassionate Surgical Care for Your Pet
Whether your pet needs a routine spay or neuter, or if they need surgery to treat a different health issue, the veterinary team at Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital of Manlius, P.C. is here for you and your pet. As an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited animal hospital, we are proud to offer a fully equipped, state-of-the-art surgical suite to accommodate your pet’s surgical needs. Our veterinary surgical team in Manlius will take care of your pet with the compassion and respect that your pet deserves.
What Should I Do To Prepare For My Pet's Surgery?
Before your pet undergoes their surgical procedure, a member of our veterinary team in Manlius will walk you through the surgery and answer any questions you might have about your pet’s experience under anesthesia. We know that surgery can be stressful and scary - but at Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital of Manlius, P.C., we do everything we can to keep you and your pet comfortable throughout the process.
Spay & Neuter Services
Spaying or neutering your pet can have numerous benefits for your pet’s overall health and longevity. This routine surgery can be performed at Compassionate Care Veterinary Hospital of Manlius, P.C. in our state-of-the-art surgical suite.
Spaying or neutering your pet can help improve their overall health and happiness:
- Longer lifespan for female pets
- Reduction in testicular cancer and prostate problems
- Female pets won’t go into heat
- Male pets may be better behaved and less prone to wandering away
If you aren’t planning on breeding your pet, consider spaying or neutering your pet when they are young so that you can prevent a whole host of health problems before they occur.
Benefits of Spay & Neuter Surgery for Pets
If you do opt to spay or neuter your pet, there are several benefits including:
- Health Benefits: Reduces the risk of certain reproductive cancers and infections in both male and female pets.
- Behavioral Improvements: Minimizes the likelihood of roaming, aggressive behavior, and marking territory in male pets.
- Population Control: Helps curb the issue of pet overpopulation, reducing the number of strays and unwanted animals.
- Longer Lifespan: May contribute to a longer, healthier life for your pet by preventing certain reproductive-related health issues.
- Cost-Effective: Can be more cost-effective than caring for a litter of puppies or kittens and managing potential reproductive health complications.
- Community Benefits: Supports community efforts to reduce the number of homeless animals and improve overall animal welfare.
Aftercare & Post-Surgical Recovery
While the surgery your pet is undergoing is an important element of their healthcare, recovering from surgery properly is just as important to preserving their health. Keeping your pet comfortable during their recovery process is key to ensuring that your pet’s surgery has the desired results. When we send your pet home after their surgery, our veterinary team in Manlius will give you detailed instructions as to how to care for your pet so that they heal quickly and correctly.
To help your pet recover safely, follow these tips:
- Ensure that your pet has a quiet, comfortable space indoors to rest
- Moderate your pet’s activity levels, making sure that they avoid activities like running or jumping while they’re recovering
- Avoid bathing your pet or getting their incision site wet while they are still healing
- Keep an eye on your pet’s incision to ensure that it is healing properly and is not infected
- Prevent your pet from licking or scratching at the surgical site to avoid infection
If you notice any redness, swelling, or discharge from the incision site, or if your pet becomes lethargic and unwilling to eat or drink, call us right away as this could be a sign of an infection. We will help make sure that your pet is back on the road to good health as soon as possible!
High-Quality Veterinary Medical Care Since 2008
Involved Caring For & Educating Our Community
Rave Reviews from Our Clients
Educational Approach to Pet Care
Continuity of Care
Conscientious & Comprehensive Exams