MICROCHIP REGISTRATION & LOST PETS
Why should your pet have a microchip?
Information from Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division
Did you know?
- In one study, less than 1/2 of lost dogs and 1/5 of lost cats had any identification (tags, microchip) when they went missing1
- In a recent study of 53 U.S. animal shelters, only 1.8% of stray cats and 21.9% of stray dogs were able to be reunited with their owners2
- In the same study, 38.5% of stray cats with registered microchips were reunited – OVER 20 TIMES MORE and 52.2% of stray dogs with registered microchips were reunited – OVER 2.5 TIMES MORE 2
1 Lord, LK et.al: Search and Identification methods that owners use to find a lost dog or cat. JAVMA 230(2): 211-220, 2007
2 Lord LK, et.al: Characterization of animals with microchips entering animal shelters. JAVMA Vol. 235, No. 2, July 15, 2009
resQ® means peace of mind
A resQ® microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and is implanted into your pet in a single simple injection, just like a vaccine. The microchip has a code that is unique to your pet, the way your social security number is unique to you. When a pet is found and scanned, the unique code can be traced back to you through your database registration at www.PetLink.NET, allowing you and your pet to be happily reunited.
The resQ® pet identification system utilizes the technology recommended by most major pet welfare and veterinary organizations in the United States. resQ® represents three advances in the United States pet identification industry:
- resQ® offers FREE registration at www.PetLink.NET
- resQ® offers NO annual maintenance fee for your database registration*
- resQ® features ISO compliance allowing you to travel anywhere in the world with your pet and be assured that an ISO compliant scanner can help them find their way back to you
resQ is a registered trademark of Bayer.
*NOTE: While there is no annual fee for maintaining your pet's registration in PetLink, certain changes to your pet's registration may be subject to a fee. Please check www.PetLink.net for more details
Copyright© Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division
MICROCHIP REGISTRATION AND LOOKUP
Register your pet's ResQ microchip at Petlink. "PetLink is 24 hour, 7 days a week registry and recovery service dedicated to creating permanent connections between pet owners and their pets through chip registration."
"An online tool to help return lost pets to their owners. Enter the microchip number and hit submit."
LOST PETS, STRAY PETS, ADOPTION AND LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETIES
The Central NY SPCA provides many services for the animals in our area, including adoption, education, spay/neuter programs, and investigation into animal cruelty.
Lost and found listings for Syracuse, NY.
"Welcome to Petfinder.com! The virtual home of 349,377adoptable pets from 13,516adoption groups."
NewsChannel 9 local listing of lost and found pets.
"The Humane Association of CNY is a no-kill, not-for-profit, animal shelter housing anywhere from 200 to 400 animals on a daily basis since 1965.The Humane Association is completely privately funded. Adopt from the Humane Association and make a real difference."
"Wanderers' Rest Humane Association, Inc. (WRHA) is a private, non-profit organization. The Association owns and operates an animal shelter located in Canastota NY, serving Madison County and surrounding areas."
Guidelines for assisting animals in need. Remember, safety first.